- Product Features
- Product Instructions
- Storage and Handling
- Safety Precautions
System A: Strip to Bare Metal
1. Remove the old paint with 400-5230 Octane Paint Remover, then flush with water and dry.
2. Treat the bare metal with 360-1000 Glasurit Metal Conditioner-Colorless.
3. Wash with water and rinse with Lacquer Thinner.
4. Dry sand the area with sandpaper # 280-300
5. Wipe the area with a solvent cleaner to ensure a clean surface.
System B: Wash Over OEM
1. Wet or dry sand with sandpaper # 300-320.
2. Featheredge where needed, then wipe with the solvent cleaner to ensure a clean surface free from moisture and oil.
For System A
Primer: Epoxy Primer
For Systems A and B
Putty: Apply Griptite Body Filler to large dents and deep scratches.
APPLICATION: Steel, Aluminum, and Zinc surfaces must be thoroughly sanded with coarse paper (P60-P120) to guarantee good adhesion. Corrosion deposits should be removed through coarse sanding and treated with Rust Converter. Apply Epoxy primer or Polygloss Zinc Chromate primer on Zinc-plated surfaces before placing the filler.
POT LIFE: 4 to 6 minutes
NOTE: Do not use BODY FILLER on Acrylic Lacquer Finishes or insufficiently cured coatings. The addition of the hardener should never exceed the recommended amount; otherwise, topcoat discoloration will occur. Body Filler and hardeners must be thoroughly mixed to obtain uniform drying.
Apply Acrylic Putty when necessary.
Sealing: Apply Acrylic Primer to seal body filler and ensure uniform color hold out.
Topcoat: Spray three or more double wet coats of Acrylic Lacquer Color until proper depth and coverage is obtained.
Topcoat: Finish off with a Topcoat Clear.
Let it dry for 1-2 days before compounding.
Keep the container dry and tightly closed in a cool and well-ventilated place.
Opened containers must be resealed carefully and kept upright to prevent leakage.
Always keep in containers with the same material as the original one.
Observe label precautions.
Contain and collect spillage with a non-combustible absorbent material like sand.
For more information about the safety precautions of this product, please request for the safety data sheet.